I made this for a package that I was sending to a solider overseas. I needed to send something that wouldn't melt and this was the perfect gift! I got the recipe out of the my husband's Pillsbury Complete Cookbook.
I cut the microwave times in half for this recipe. I tried using the times that were in the book but the mixture ended up buring. It was awful! I opened the microwave and the mixture was black and my whole house filled with smoke!!! It was a huge pain to clean too!!! So, make sure you keep an eye on it.
But once I did it again and cut the times in half it went much better. This was amazing good brittle too! And it was fairly cheap to make.
Super Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 1 C roasted salted peanuts
- 1 Tsp butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In 1 1/2-quart microwave safte casserole, combine sugar and corn syrup; mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. (I only did 2 minutes)
- Stir in peanutes. Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until light brown. (I did 3 minutes)
- Stir in butter and vanilla; blend well.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes. (I did 1 minute)
- Add baking soda; stir gently until light and foamy.
- Pour onto buttered cookie sheet.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces.