I found these recipe in a french cookbook a few years ago. I have since modified it and have included a few variations. This is a super rich dark chocolately indulance! A perfect way to get that chocolate fix!!! ;-)
Dark Chocolate Dream Cookies
1 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
1/2 C Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
5 Oz Dark chocolate
3 Oz Milk Chocolate
4 Oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
1 1/2 C Tightly Packed Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Sticks of Butter
1/2 C White Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 C Pecan Pieces
Grasshopper Dream Cookies
Omit vanilla, white chocolate chips, semisweet chips, and pecan pieces and add:
1 Tsp Mint Extract
1/2 C Mint Chocolate Chips
Dark Strawberry Dream Cookies
Omit vanilla, white chocolate chips and pecan pieces and add:
2 Tsp Strawberry Extract
1 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt chocolates in a double boiler. Remove from heat.
- Cream brown sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla. (or other extracts)
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Add sifted flour mixture.
- Scoop heaving tablespoons full of dough onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.