This is one of my favorites! I've tried a lot of Oatmeal Bread recipes but this is by far the best. It is great for sandwiches, especially PB & J! It a slightly sweet flavor and is great served warm. I made a couple of loaves at a time and then freeze them by slices. It is stable for our family; even my husband likes it!
Melt In Your Mouth Oatmeal Bread
Bread Machine Magic Book
Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway
1 C Old-Fashion Rolled Oats
1 3/8 C Buttermilk
3 Tbsp Honey
3 C Bread Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tsp Yeast
1. Add ingredients to bread pan in the order that is shown. This is VERY important. Make sure to make a "well" for the yeast to go in.
2. Select Light Crust and press start. Remove and slice one hour after cooling. May be store in a ziplock bag for 3-4 days or frozen for 2 months. To thaw sit out for 1 hour in a ziplock bag on the counter.
2. Select Dough
3. After dough has mixed and risen the timer will beep. Remove dough and place into a well greased bread pan and place in warm oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour. (To warm oven set to warm for 2 minutes. Then, turn oven off.)
4. Take pan out of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Wait one hour before slicing. May be store in a ziplock bag for 3-4 days or frozen for 2 months. To thaw sit out for 1 hour in a ziplock bag on the counter
Another Attempt at Macarons
5 years ago