This bread is one of my favorites. Baby Bell and I can't get enough of this delighful and flavorful bread. There are three different types of flour in this bread, so the buckwheat isn't overpowering. This bread is great served warm with a big old pat of butter!
Just a side note: If you bake a lot of bread, then it is worth it to buy a bulk bag of yeast. Fill a small empty jar (such a baby food jar) with yeast and place in the fridge until needed. Wrap the rest in tin foil and place in a ziplock bag. Place into the freezer until the small jar needs filled.
Buckwheat Bread (1 1/2 lb Loaf)
Bread Machine Magic Book of Helpful Hints
Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway
1/2 C Instant Potato Flakes
5/8 C Milk
5/8 C Water
2 C Bread Flour
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 C Buckwheat Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Dark Corn Syrup
2 Tsp Active Dry Yeast
1. Add ingredients to bread pan in the order that is shown. This is VERY important. Make sure to make a "well" for the yeast to go in.
2. Select Light Crust and press start. Remove and slice one hour after cooling. May be store in a ziplock bag for 3-4 days or frozen for 2 months. To thaw sit out for 1 hour in a ziplock bag on the counter.
2. Select Dough
3. After dough has mixed and risen the timer will beep. Remove dough and place into a well greased bread pan and place in warm oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour. (To warm oven set to warm for 2 minutes. Then, turn oven off.)
4. Take pan out of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Wait one hour before slicing. May be store in a ziplock bag for 3-4 days or frozen for 2 months. To thaw sit out for 1 hour in a ziplock bag on the counter.
Another Attempt at Macarons
5 years ago