What I particially liked about this recipe is that you don't have to roll it into a log. It is baked in a 9x13 inch pan and is very soft the first time you make it. At first that worried me, but after slicing and baking the cookies for a second time it turned out perfectly. I dipped mine in dark chocolate on the one side and gave them away as Christmas presents. They were a HUGE hit. I will definitly be making these again and again.
by Margaret Gisane
- 4 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C oil
- 2 C Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 Tsp Anise Extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Mix ingredients in order given, beating well after each ingredient.
- Put into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slice into 1/8 inch slices.
- Take out of pan and place onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cookies are lightly browned on each side.
Perfect for dipping in coffee or tea! Almond extract (2 teaspoons) may be substituted for anise and lemon extracts.