Every bite into something and get that warm "ahhhhh" feeling? This bread is that something! It practically melts in your mouth. I find that soaking the raisins in 2 tablespoons of vanilla for 1 hour makes ALL the difference. I, of course, perfect this bread with Caramelized Brown Butter Frosting but you can use a simple vanilla glaze or nothing at all.
Buttermilk Raisin Bread (1 1/2 lb loaf)
Bread Machine Magic
Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway
7/8 C Buttermilk
3 C Flour
1 Tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/3 C Butter
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
2/3 C Raisins (soaked in 2 tbsp vanilla for 1 hour---add the leftover vanilla too)
1 1/2 Tsp Yeast
1. Add ingredients to bread pan in the order that is shown. This is VERY important. Make sure to make a "well" for the yeast to go in.
2. Select Light Crust and press start. Remove and slice one hour after cooling.
2. Select Dough
3. After dough has mixed and risen the timer will beep. Remove dough and place into a well greased bread pan and place in warm oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour. (To warm oven set to warm for 2 minutes. Then, turn oven off.)
4. Take pan out of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Add icing while still hot.
7. Wait one hour before slicing.
Another Attempt at Macarons
8 years ago