Who would have guessed that you could make desserts in your bread machine? I made these for get together with some friends of ours. Everyone loved them! These Cinni-Minni Buns are not only adorable but very fluffy and flaky too! I got this recipe out of the Bread Machine Magic Book, but I modified the filling and used my own frosting from one of the previous Daring Baker's Challenge: Carmalized Brown Butter Frosting. This is the best frosting and goes with any type of dessert that requires frosting. But of course you can use a simple vanilla glaze if you like. But I really feel like it "jazzes" desserts up.
This desserts requires a little time to make than just a simple bread, but it is well worth it! Enjoy!
Cinni Minni Buns (1 lb)
1/4 C Milk
1/4 C Water
2 C Flour
1 Tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Butter
1/4 C Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Yeast
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1. Place all ingredients into the bread machine, except for filling.
2. Select Dough.
3. After the dough has been mixed and has risen, the machine will beep.
4. Take dough out and place onto a flour surface or cutting board and roll into a log.
5. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Spread some of butter in a 9 inch cake pan.
7. Cut log in half.
8. Roll each log into a 20 x 8 inch rectangle.
9. Brush each rectangle with butter.
10. Sprinkle in filling.
11. Roll up and cut into 12 pieces per log.
12. Put into cake pan and place in a warm oven for 1 hour.
13. Take pan out and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
14. Bake for 15-25 minutes.
15. Frost with Carmalized Brown Butter Frosting or one of your own.
Another Attempt at Macarons
5 years ago