These waffles were simple to make and had a nice mild flavor. I froze some and have been popping them in the toaster every morning and they taste just as fresh. These are way better than your store bought variety.
Whole Wheat Waffles
King Arthur Flour Company
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur whole wheat flour, white whole wheat or traditional
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter or oil.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just till combined.
- Cook the waffles as directed in the instructions that came with your waffle iron.