Friday, February 6, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins



Sounds like a weird combination doesn't it? I thought so too, but I'm open to trying new things.
Once I tried them, I couldn't stop eating them. You can't taste the whole wheat at all. Even my husband couldn't tell I used whole wheat flour. I added a few handfuls of toffee bits in mine and use a mini muffin pan. I recommand always using a mini muffin pan because they turn out like muffin tops, which is the best part.

Once again, this is another fabulous recipe from the King Arthur Flour Company's website.

Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
King Arthur Flour Company


  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter

  • 2 cups granulated sugar

  • 2 large eggs

  • 4 medium mashed bananas

  • 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk

  • 4 cups King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat Flour

  • 2 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 2 cups chocolate chips

  • 2 cups toasted walnuts, chopped


  1. Preheat oven 325°F.1.

  2. Cream the butter and the sugar together on speed #3.

  3. Add the eggs, banana and milk.

  4. Mix dry ingredients together and add to the creamed butter.

  5. Add chocolate and walnuts on speed #1.

  6. Scoop into 18 greased muffin cups.

  7. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes.

  8. Cool in pan 10 minutes.

No comments: